Monday 1 April 2013

Easter Time March 2013 and I’m doing OK

  
It’s hard to stay positive in life, but for people with MS it’s an extra struggle as we are dealing with that unexpected feeling of resentment or loss towards ourselves.

It resurfaced for me again this Easter weekend as I was trying to do all the bits and bobs at home, cleaning and tidying and starting to prepare a lovely roast dinner for visiting family. I just ended up stressed and in tears one morning (feeling exhausted and annoyed with myself) because yet again I have to accept and ask for help from my lovely fella because my capacity to keep going and get things done is simply not there.

But..... I didn’t allow it to envelope me and having shed a few tears I calmed down and thought to myself “ it really doesn’t matter if we haven’t hoovered the whole house or used frozen not fresh roast potatoes for the dinner”

The important thing is enjoying time with my family and yes that includes letting the kids eat far too many chocolate eggs. We did manage to play a noisy game of Charades and watched a few family films and when the visitors left we even had an alcoholic beverage or two one evening.

So I have had a happy Easter and I’m now going to eat the rest of my Lindt Chocolate bunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment